Before ordering parts please check:
- Completeness - Check for missing holes, cutouts, features, etc.
- Specifications - Make sure you completely gave every important tolerance and specification.
- Responsibility - Understand your responsibility.
- Reorders - New orders will vary form prior orders - use tolerances to specify allowable ranges.
- Standard finish - Parts may be vibratory tumbled - specify otherwise if needed.
- Surface finish - Consider adding a finish, such as powder coat, to protect surfaces and improve appearance.
- Tolerance - Make sure your design has proper allowance and tolerance.
- Fit - Make sure your parts fit together properly.
No checklist can cover all situations - the above is intended only as a helpful guide.
If you are ordering thru the eMachineShop CAD, also see the EMS Checklist.