CNC Turret Punching Service
If you need online turret punching we are one of the most capable and affordable sources and we can get the job done right. We stock a wide variety of materials, use state-of-the-art machines and diligently follow all design specifications. We continually strive to improve and optimize our processes and maximize customer convenience. Our customers range from inventors to businesses to government agencies. We are focused on quality and customer service.
How turret punching works
CNC turret punching creates shapes in sheet material by successively punching a series of basic shapes such as circles and rectangles. The basic shapes are selected from a rotating turret under CNC control.
Turret punching is a cost effective method for cutting sheet metal in moderate to long runs. Edges are usually very good due to the shearing action.
Turret punching can produce almost any 2D shape including cutouts. Example applications include: Custom Enclosures, Custom Metal Brackets, Custom Robot Parts, Custom washers, Custom wrenches, Custom Front Panels, Custom Sheet Metal Boxes, Custom Motorcycle Parts, Custom Auto Parts, Custom Toy Parts, mechanisms and chassis.
- Replacing outside arcs such as rounded corners with chamfered corners
- Reducing the number of different hole sizes
- Minimizing use of complex curves
- Use of hole sizes corresponding to stock tooling
- Requesting custom tooling for high volume runs
- Avoid thin fragile shapes
- Warping may occur if many holes are punched or much material is removed from the sheet
- Minimize use of very small holes
- Bottom side features may have a few thousandths of an inch more material than the top dimensioned side.
- Some edges may show minor signs of the successive punching process, less so on the bottom side.
How to Proceed
We can quote your job using conventional CAD files or you can use our unique free CAD software where you can: design your part quickly and easily, get instant pricing, and order online.