Checking fit of an assembly
You can check if your parts will fit together. For example, you might want to check if a design for a lid will fit on an enclosure you designed.
Here is one method of checking fit:
- Copy one part onto another:
- Copy the lines of one part.
- Paste onto a drawing of another part.
- Change the copied lines to Comments To Myself.
- Slide and/or rotate the comment lines into position to check fit.
- For parts that rotate together use the rotate feature along with the above method to see how parts fit during rotation.
- Consider tolerance. For example if Job | Settings shows a tolerance
of .005" and a six inch diameter cylinder must fit a hole you must
consider that the cylinder could be as large as 6.005 so the hole must
be drawn at at least 6.010 since such a hole could be as small as 6.005.
- Use tolerance stack analysis.
Watch the video below …