For enclosures where you want sides to meet with minimal gap (such as for welding), example A will have an unwanted gap between the flanges after bending. Example B will make edges meet symmetrically at their edge corners with minimal gap.
To modify drawing A to B:
- Ungroup the lines.
- Extend the bend lines to meet.
- Draw a circle at the bend intersection of diameter approx. material thickness.
- Move the flange edge lines inline with the center of the circle.
- Select all lines.
- Delete the appropriate segments.
- Look closely at the 3D view and adjust accordingly or, for more precision:
- Use Job | Model Bends.
- Adjust so that each flange fits the inside edges of the bend model.
- Adjust the flange lengths so that the inside of the bend model of the horizontal flange equals the length of the vertical flange and:
- The outside of the bend model of the vertical flange equals the length of the horizontal flange.