Learning to Draw
Mechanical drawing is not the same as artistic drawing – you can’t simply draw shapes by moving the mouse pointer as you would move a pencil. For example, to draw a rounded rectangle you can’t simply move the mouse in a rounded rectangle motion. Instead you:
- Draw a rectangle with the mouse.
- Enter the desired size numerically.
- Use the corner-rounding command.
Making precise drawings is easy when you learn how to:
- Use the mouse to create the approximate size and position of lines
- Enter numeric values to specify sizes
- Use assorted commands to combine and manipulate lines
- Use the Intersect feature
- Snap lines
- Nudge lines
Common to other drawing programs you also need to know how to:
- Select lines
- Draw lines, circles, arcs, and rectangles
- Group and ungroup lines
- Resize and move lines
- Rotate lines
- Delete lines
- Scroll the workspace
- Zoom in and out