Sinker and Wire EDM Cutting Service
Wire EDM cutting, also known as electrical discharge machining, is a process that uses an electrically energized thin wire to slice through metal.
Whether you need a single part, batch of prototypes, or full production order, eMachineShop will turn your design into fully machined, end-use parts!
- 50+ Materials.
- FREE Shipping in the USA.
- 100% Quality Guaranteed.
Wire EDMcan cut most any simple or complex 2D shape including cutouts and thin walls, intricate openings, and sharp inside corners.
This method uses rapid, controlled, repetitive spark discharges from the wire to the workpiece, thereby eroding the metal away. The workpiece must be electrically conductive.
- High dimensional accuracy for close fitting parts
- Can make sharp inside corners
- Cut material thickness from only a few thousandths of an inch to several inches
- Custom tooling is generally not needed
- Smooth finishes can be achieved
- Edges are smooth but matte
- Typical surface finish is between 16 and 64 microinches
- The edges of the finished work piece will have virtually no burrs
- Kerf width typically ranges from 0.001″ to 0.012″
- Sharp internal corners will be slightly rounded (typically with radius ~.008″)