eMachineShop CAD Pre-Order Checklist
Before placing your order, carefully check your design to ensure that the parts will meet your specifications.
Follow the steps in the checklist below:
- Lines: Press TAB (and SHIFT+TAB) to step thru each line in your drawing. Check the position, numeric bar settings, and the information on the status bar.
- Zoom In: Use a magnified view to review intricate areas of your design.
- 2D Views: Look at all relevant views in the View menu.
- 3D View: See your design from all angles.
- Bends: Use Job | Model Bends to analyze parts with bends.
- Comments: Review any Comments To Machinist text & lines.
- Job Menu: Select each command in the Job menu and review all information.
- Machining: Review machining specs.
- Completeness: Check for missing holes, cutouts, features, etc.
- Specifications: Make sure you communicated every important tolerance and specification completely.
- Responsibility: Review your responsibility.
- Variation: Reordered parts may vary from prior order(s). Use tolerances to specify allowable ranges.
- Standard Finish: Parts may be vibratory tumbled – specify otherwise if needed.
- Surface Finish: Consider adding a finish, such as powder coating, to protect surfaces and improve appearance.
- Tolerance: Make sure your design has proper allowance for tolerance variation.
- Tolerance Limits: See eMachineShop’s general tolerance limits.
- Fit: Ensure that your parts fit together properly.
- Analyzer: Carefully read and resolve as many advisory messages as possible.
- Changes: If you modify your design, repeat the above steps before ordering.