The eMachineShop software needs a current price file to price your parts. Normally update of the file is handled automatically.
Program freezes before giving price …
- Although most designs running on computers under three years old should take less than a couple of minutes to analyze and price, some designs can take substantially longer – as much as 20 to 30 minutes or more. If your computer appears to be frozen give it more time. If you have a design with a large number of repeating features, such as a 10 x 10 matrix of 100 holes, consider changing most of the elements to Comments To Machinist to allow the pricing system to complete faster. You can then revert those elements before placing the final order, or leave them as Comments To Machinist with a note such as "Machine these lines per the sample". You can also estimate the price by checking the change in price when you revert one of the elements. Even if you don’t have a complex part or repeated pattern you can often make a design pass the pricing mechanism by progressively changing lines to Comments To Machinist.
- If you are unable to price even after commenting lines, please send your design to eMachineShop via CAD menu Help | Troubleshooting, for analysis.
If the Job | Price command does not lead to a price …
- It might be because an error is blocking the process.
- For example, if you did not specify a material a price cannot be computed.
- To resolve such issues, please resolve relevant error messages.
- Also see the solution on the prior page about freezing during pricing
For error "Unable to connect to server to update price file …":
- Check if you can open web sites in your internet browser – if not you need to correct that first.
- If Internet Explorer | Internet Options | Connection | LAN settings | Proxy is not empty, a proxy server could be interfering – check with your system admin.
- In eMachineShop CAD choose Edit | Preferences | Pricing | HTTP Proxy Server | Import Settings. If any values are imported try Edit | Preferences | Pricing | Update Now.
If you can’t get the price file to download automatically, download the price file manually, shortly before placing each order:
- Refresh your browser.
- RIGHT click here, choose "Save Target As" or "Save Link As". In File Name type "%APPDATA%" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Double click on the "emachineshop" folder (create such a folder if needed). Click "Save" in the "Save As" dialog.
- If your browser changes the file name to anything other than ems.dat, rename to ems.dat.
- Close and reopen eMachineShop CAD to enable the updated price file.
- If the above does not help, request a copy of the price file via email or consider using another computer.
If you get "Price file is in correct" or "Price file is up to date" during menu Job | Material or Job | Price:
- Delete c:program filesemachineshopems.dat and %APPDATA%emachineshopems.dat
- Restart the eMachineShop software.
- The latest pricing file should download automatically – if not see above.
If you are still having trouble downloading the "price" file, contact support and have the following:
- Your version of Windows
- Type of internet connection
- What rights you have under Windows
- and the results of the above tests.