CNC turret punching machines create parts by successively punching a series of shapes into sheet material.
eMachineShop offers multiple cost-effective sheet metal processing solutions whether you need a few parts or a large production order.
- 50+ Materials.
- FREE Shipping in the USA.
- 100% Quality Guaranteed.
- Punching has restrictions with small holes and complex curves
- Part edges may display signs of successive punching and unwanted chamfering of corners
- High initial set-up costs that are not cost-effective for small volumes
- Laser and Water Jet cutting offer tight tolerances and more flexibility
- Economical for small to large production runs
- Fast turn times
- Can produce almost any 2D shape without specialized tooling
What is Turret Punching?
Turret punching is a process by which shapes are punched into sheet material to create parts.
The shapes are selected from an CNC controlled turret and are then successively hole-punched into the workpiece.