You can get miscellaneous useful information about your design. For example you might want to know the weight of your part.
- Choose Tools | Statistics.
You can view detailed information about any line in your design. For example you might need to check the area of the outermost line.
- Select the line.
- Choose Line | Properties or choose Line | Machine to reveal machine settings.
Center of Gravity
The center of gravity of a part is the point at which the part would be balanced if suspended from that point. You can determine the coordinates of the center of gravity of a 2D part. For example, for a rotating part you might want to check if the center of rotation coincides with a rotation axis.
To compute center of gravity:
- Choose Tools | Compute | Center of Gravity.
- A cross appears at the center of gravity point.
- Compute the center of gravity again if you change your design.