Custom Made Spur Gears
Need a custom spur gear? Working on a new project or
product? We're here to help you. eMachineShop lets you design your
custom spur gear in a matter of minutes with our gear
wizard. Just Download the FREE CAD software, fill in the dimensions and select a material.
In order for gears to achieve their required performance, the
selection of a suitable gear material is important. Common choices include: Stainless Steel ... Nylon ...Steel ...Acetal ... Brass and PTFE. Ferrous metals are the most widely used for gears, offering high
strength, response to heat treatment and low cost. Cast iron, carbon
steels and alloy steels are in common use. Non-ferrous metals usually offer good machinability, light weight,
corrosion resistance and are non-magnetic. The commonly used
non-ferrous materials for gears are brass or bronze. Plastics are also
commonly used for gears via injection molding.
To use the gear wizard:
- Download the eMachineShop CAD software.
- Choose menu File | New.
- Select the desired wizard.
- Enter the requested parameters (e.g. number of teeth, pressure angle, etc)
- Click OK.
- Click View | 3D
- Choose Job | Material and select a material for your part.
- Choose Job | Analyze to get feedback on the design.
- Choose Order | Place Order.
Custom Made Spur Gears Gallery