eMachineShop keeps our shelves packed with the raw materials you need. Whether for a hobby project or large-scale commercial application, we have the inventory and supplier connections to meet your requirements.
Review a partial list of our materials below, or download our CAD software to view the complete list of currently-stocked materials.
Don’t see the material that best suits your design? You can request anything. If we can get it and can reliably machine it, we’ll make your part out of it!
Choosing the Right Material for Your Parts
Here are a few tips for selecting the most suitable material for your design:
- Metals yield higher tolerance parts than possible with plastics.
- Plastics can warp slightly over time due to moisture absorption and/or heat exposure, but are generally less expensive than making parts from metals.
- Sheet metal normally costs less than machining plate or rods.
- Materials that don’t require secondary finishing, such as stainless steel and aluminum, tend to be more cost-effective for prototype and low-volume orders.
Selecting Material in the eMachineShop CAD
Note: There is no longer a need to select material thickness in the material dialog.
Materials we routinely work with include:
- ABS Plastics
- Acetal (Polyoxymethylene)
- Beryllium Copper
- Plain Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Teflon (Polytetrafluoroethylene)
- …and more!
Ready to Order?
eMachineShop uses CNC Machines and secondary processes to manufacture your parts. We accept CAD files and drawings for quotation, or simply design your part in our free CAD where you can price and order instantly.