Custom Acrylic Parts
eMachineShop has molded and machined acrylic parts for over 15 years. You can design and order your parts with our free CAD software or upload your own CAD file for a fast quote.
- FREE Shipping in the USA.
- No Minimum Order Quantity.
- 100% Quality Guaranteed.
Acrylicis a popular thermoplastic available in opaque and optically transparent forms and is often used as an alternative to glass.
This plastic is electrically insulative and is highly resistant to abrasion, UV light, and corrosion.
- Toy components
- Aquatic enclosures
- Household appliances
- Automotive trim
- Decorative products
Mills use rotating tools to cut material into almost any 3D shape. CNC Mills can work with tight tolerances.
Waterjets mainly cut sheet material into 2D parts using a high-pressure stream of water and abrasive. Waterjet cutting is suitable for most materials and yields clean edges.
CNC Lathes feed cutting tools into rotating material. Turning is mainly used to produce precise, cylindrical parts.
Injection Molding produces parts by forcing molten polymer material into a mold. It’s the most economical process for producing high volumes of plastic parts.
Acrylic Design Tips
- Avoid deep holes, as drilling can be difficult.
- Request that edges be polished to achieve a “glass smooth” finish.
- Parts can be easily connected by special adhesives, machine screws, or sheet metal brackets at corners.
- Acrylic is brittle, thus avoiding sharp inside corners is ideal.