CNC Milling Service
CNC mills produce parts of nearly any shape from soft metals like aluminum, harder metals like steel, and plastics such as acetal.
eMachineShop offers cost-effective milling solutions whether you need a single part, batch of prototypes, or full production order.
- 50+ Materials.
- FREE Shipping in the USA.
- 100% Quality Guaranteed.
- Can produce parts of almost any shape
- Cost-effective for prototyping and short runs
- High dimensional tolerances are possible
- Smooth finishes can be achieved
- Use shapes that will hold well during machining, like straight edges
- Milling creates a visible cut pattern on the surface of the material
- Avoid deep pockets and ensure corners are rounded
- Avoid flimsy shapes
What is CNC Milling?
CNC Milling is an automated process used to manufacture 2D and 3D parts by removing material from raw stock.
To make a CNC milled part, a block or sheet is placed on a table below a spindle which holds a cutting tool. A computer controls the tool used, the rotation speed and the vertical motion of the spindle, and the horizontal motion of the table. This allows loaded cutters such as drills, taps and end mills to remove portions of the material to create shapes.
eMachineShop Milled Parts
Cutting Tools Used in CNC Mills
Plain End Mill
Creates walls with straight 90 degree edges and sharp corners at the bottom of recesses.
Chamfer End Mill
Creates 45 degree bevels on the top edge of a wall or recess.
Ball End Mill
Creates rounded edges at the bottom edge of a recess.
Rounding End Mill
Creates rounded edges at the top edge of a wall or recess.
Typically used to cut the pins and tails of dovetail joints.