Powder Coating Services
Powder coat your custom parts with eMachineShop’s finishing service.
Design and quote powder coated parts with eMachineShop’s FREE CAD.
- 50+ Colors.
- 50+ Materials.
- FREE Shipping in the USA.
What is Powder Coating?
Powder coating is a finishing process that bakes powdered plastic onto a statically charged metal surface. It looks similar to paint but is more durable. The coat is hard and abrasion-resistant.
eMachineShop offers the following textures and colors:
- Gloss, Matte, Texture and Metallic.
- Orange, Red, Purple, Pink, Green, Blue, Brown, Tan and Yellow.
- Mechanical finishing before powder coating is not usually required as the coating covers and smoothes the surface.
- Powder coating typically adds 0.001″ – 0.003″ to each coated surface and slightly rounds edges.
- Textured and matte finishes hide scratches and abrasions better than gloss.
- Deep pockets and inside corners may not be coated due to the electrostatic process.
- Small amounts of powder may accumulate in holes, which may interfere with mating parts and threading. Plugging, redrilling or retapping can optionally be requested.