Shaft Coupler Design Software
Design and customize a shaft coupler in minutes using eMachineShop’s shaft coupler design wizard.
- 100k+ CAD Users.
- 25+ Part Templates and Shapes.
Make a Custom Shaft Coupler
- Open eMachineShop CAD and select File > New.
- Expand the Wizards drop-down.
- From the list, select Shaft Coupler.
- Enter the desired parameters and click OK.
- In the workspace, add desired custom features as needed.
Shaft couplers, also known as shaft connectors, are used to connect two shafts. Set-screw shaft couplings are typically one-piece solid tubes with two threaded holes in their sides for driving set screws. When the set screws are pushed firmly against each shaft, friction is created, and the shafts are joined. Clamping shaft couplings come in one, two, or three-pieces and work similarly, except use screws to compress a split tube around the shafts to join them.