Before placing your order, carefully review your design and see the checklist below:
- Completeness: Check for missing holes, cutouts, features, etc.
- Specifications: Make sure you communicated every important tolerance and specification completely.
- Machining: Review machining specs.
- Responsibility: Review your responsibility.
- Re-Orders: Re-ordered parts are counted as new orders and may vary from the original order. Use tolerances to specify allowable ranges.
- Standard Finish: Parts may be vibratory tumbled – specify otherwise if needed.
- Surface Finish: Consider adding a finish, such as powder coat, to protect surfaces and improve appearance.
- Tolerance: Make sure your design has proper allowance and tolerance.
- Tolerance Limits: See eMachineShop’s general tolerance limits.
- Fit: Make sure your parts fit together properly.
- Changes: If you modify your design, repeat the above steps before ordering.
If you are ordering parts using the eMachineShop CAD software, see the CAD Ordering Checklist.