Before ordering parts please check:
- Completeness – Check for missing holes, cutouts, features, etc.
- Specifications – Make sure you completely gave every important tolerance and specification.
- Responsibility – Understand your responsibility.
- Reorders – New orders will vary form prior orders – use tolerances to specify allowable ranges.
- Standard finish – Parts may be vibratory tumbled – specify otherwise if needed.
- Surface finish – Consider adding a finish, such as powder coat, to protect surfaces and improve appearance.
- Tolerance – Make sure your design has proper allowance and tolerance.
- Fit – Make sure your parts fit together properly.
No checklist can cover all situations – the above is intended only as a helpful guide.
If you are ordering thru the eMachineShop CAD, also see the EMS Checklist.