CNC Laser Cutting Services
Laser cutters produce metal parts from sheet material using a laser beam to vaporize sections of the workpiece.
eMachineShop offers a cost-effective cutting solution whether you need a single part, batch of prototypes, or a production order.
- 50+ Materials.
- FREE Shipping in the USA.
- 100% Quality Guaranteed.
- Can produce parts of almost any 2D shape
- More precise and economical than plasma cutting
- Fast turn time
- Can be used to etch instead of cut
- Sharp inside corners may be slightly rounded due to beam radius
- Edges will be heat affected
- Edges may have some draft
- Minimal kerf width
- Keep hole diameters equal to or larger than the material thickness
What is a 2D Part?
2D parts are significantly more cost-effective to manufacture than 3D parts, so understanding what makes them different is essential.
An example of a 2D part is a stencil as shown. A stencil is considered 2D because it has no features on its sides and is modeled using two or fewer thicknesses.
eMachineShop Made Sheet Parts
Waterjets mainly cut sheet material into 2D parts using a high-pressure stream of water and abrasive. Waterjet cutting is suitable for most materials and yields clean edges.
Die-Sink and Wire EDM machines create parts by using recurring sparks to remove material. Recommended for intricate designs requiring sharp inside corners and high dimensional accuracy.
CNC Plasma Cutters use a high-velocity stream of ionized gas to cut parts out of sheet metal. Excellent for producing 2D parts when working with thick metal sheets.