Plasma Cutting Service
Plasma cutters use a high velocity stream of ionized gas to cut shapes out of sheet metal.
eMachineShop offers cost-effective cutting solutions whether you need a single part, batch of prototypes, or a production order.
- 50+ Materials.
- FREE Shipping in the USA.
- 100% Quality Guaranteed.
- Can cut any conductive metal
- Can pierce thick materials quickly
- Fast turn times
- A no-contact process means it is easier to hold workpieces in place
- Cut edge will have an oxide layer
- Edges may have some draft
- Avoid tight tolerances when possible
- Keep hole diameters equal to or larger than the material thickness
What is a 2D Part?
2D parts are significantly more cost-effective to manufacture than 3D parts, so understanding what makes them different is essential.
An example of a 2D part is a speaker grille as shown. This type of part is considered 2D because it has no features on its sides and only has holes and cutouts.
eMachineShop Made Sheet Parts
Waterjets mainly cut sheet material into 2D parts using a high-pressure stream of water and abrasive. Waterjet cutting is suitable for most materials and yields clean edges.
Laser cutting is often used to produce 2D parts from sheet metal. A laser beam vaporizes a cut path to achieve the desired shape. Great for prototypes and short runs.
Die-Sink and Wire EDM machines create parts by using recurring sparks to remove material. Recommended for intricate designs requiring sharp inside corners and high dimensional accuracy.