CNC Plasma Cutting Service
If you need online plasma cutting we are one of the most capable and affordable sources and we can get the job done right. Download our Free CAD software today and design your custom part or import an existing file. Order online for ultimate speed and convenience.
We stock a wide variety of materials, use state-of-the-art machines and diligently follow all design specifications. We continually strive to improve and optimize our processes and maximize customer convenience. Our customers range from inventors to businesses to government agencies. We are focused on quality and customer service.
How plasma cutting works
CNC plasma cutting is a process of cutting 2D shapes from sheet metal using a high temperature, high velocity stream of ionized gas. The plasma stream is generated by directing the flow of an inert gas through an orifice where an electric arc ionizes the gas. The material is thereby heated to a molten condition and the high velocity gas stream blows the material away.
Plasma cutting offers low cost since no custom tooling is needed. The process is especially cost effective for thick metal sheets. This method of cutting is usually for thicker sheets than laser. Plasma cutting is generally used to cut 2D shapes not requiring high precision or fine detail.
Cost reduction options include reducing total cut length and number of holes.
- Edges can be rough, especially for thicker material and more so with aluminum than steel.
- The cut edge will have an oxide layer.
- The angle of the edge can deviate from 90 degrees typically by 10 to 20 deg.
- Edges may have pits at some points along the edge (with depth typically up to material thickness).
- Some warping can occur on intricate parts.