Although it is recommended to submit designs in CAD format or as a mechanical drawing, for simple parts text descriptions are acceptable.
Here are some examples:
- A flat sheet 5 x 6 x .125" with a 1" diam hole cut fully thru in the center.
- A two part metal box approx 5 x 6 x 7 inch where the two parts bolt together.
- A cylindrical spacer with OD 1.23", ID .25, length 2.3" with a 0.21 diam hole fully thru in the center of the side.
Please make sure you:
- Specify dimensions or stipulate that you don’t care about unspecified dimensions.
- Include a photo if your text description is not complete.
Examples of insufficient descriptions:
- Foot petal for 57 Chevy (we are not setup to research old parts).
- 5" cabinet handle (there are thousands of possible shapes).
- 1/4" diam rivit (head size not specified).
Disclaimer: Describing a shape in words, with no ambiguity, can be challenging and you must accept parts so long as they were made in accordance with a reasonable interpretation of your description. In other words, you are responsible for ensuring that your description is unambiguous.
Note: To request a quote with a written description, fill out this form.